Thursday, August 19, 2010

Division A Governor's eulogy for the late DTM E.T. Lee


It was only on 07 July 2010 that I sat beside him at the JB City & CIMA Toastmasters Club Installation Dinner. He spoke about chartering a new Toastmasters Club and that we were going to keep in touch. I guess that was not meant to be.

In the 3 years that I have known him as a Toastmaster, I find him to be supportive not only in my leadership role but also to others who needed his personal guidance. He had always been vocal & had no qualms in saying what was on his mind even if it made him unpopular. I recall how he kept reminding us of the Toastmasters 4 core values. His services & contributions, especially, to Division A, are unrivalled & will be remembered. He will be dearly missed.

E T was indeed a passionate Toastmaster, a real friend & a loving family man. He always spoke affectionately about his daughters. His sudden departure came as a shock and now I have to say, “Goodbye my friend. Rest in peace”.